-at everything in the 'day of note' thing (wear orange on oragne shirt day)
-at local events that are open to the public
-support things like uncovering of graves, etc when they come up
support Indigenous communities/organizations
- play indigenous video games
-shop indigenous (NNW website)
-visit local cultural centers (like the squamish lilwat ones)
-center indigenous voices (RESOURCE LIST!) - listen to APTN news
Land acknowledgements are one way to address our position and decolonize. Click below for resources on land acknowledgements, including how to create your own, example land acknowledgements, and criticisms of the land acknowledgement.
For children and families:
-KAIROS blanket exercise
- learn local (indigenous walking tours; speaker events in your neighbourhood)
- who are the communities near you? a residentail school near you?
Reflect? (ask questions)
-decolonize your own thought - am I feeling resistance? why?
-include more voices in your theology! (richard wagamese writings)
-talk to other people!
-donate money or time - to organizations if you can
- what are the calls to action that pertain to you? to your job?
- where does it interact with your church - do you sponsor refugees (supporting new comers)